BFB Foundation, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, is dedicated to elevating women and the communities in which they live. Studies show that as women become educated and learn life and leadership skills, they are empowered through their own self-assurance and self-reliance to become agents of positive and lasting change, elevating communities and building strong families. We offer girls and women in developing countries educational support, personal mentoring, and professional mentoring.
The foundation is proud to be in partnership with Recover Brands, whose mission is to create the best, most environmentally friendly and socially responsible products possible, and to educate and inspire those around us to live and work for a sustainable tomorrow. Making apparel from 100% recycled materials, a portion of Recover apparel is made in a facility in Guatemala near our BFB partner schools.
For every BFB tee sold, Recover has generously offered to directly donate $10 to educating girls in our partner schools in Guatemala. Purchase your BFB Foundation shirt today to join us in working towards a better tomorrow/ elevating women and their communities together.
- Recycled plastic (PET) is collected and sorted
- Plastic is cleaned and chopped into flake
- Flake is pelletized into chips
- Chip is melted and extruded into new fiber
- Upcycled cotton scraps are collected and sorted by color
- Upcycled cotton is blended with recycled plastic to create a new blended fiber
- Blended fiber is spun into yarn
- Yarn is knitted into fabric
- Fabric is cut and sewn into a Recover Tee